Wednesday 1 January 2014

Bringing in the new year

Hey everyone, now thats it’s 2014 I thought it would be timely to break my pretty poor performance with the blogging...so apologies to people who came looking on my blog to check in and see what was happening.

Crashes were a bit more of a consistent feature of my season than was welcome, with a 2 big crashes and many smaller minor ones I am pretty confident that patch is well behind me and this year is going to bring the nicer sides of the sport I enjoy so much. Last year for me was definitely more of a learning curve than anything, I got to experience the lows as well as the highs of the sport which has to happen to all athletes at some point in their careers and the more you can take and learn from them the better.

With rain bringing in the new year for us staying in ocean grove, Melbourne, hopefully the weather can pick up for my first race of the year with the Vanderkitten teammies. We can’t wait for the high-paced racing of Mitchelton bay crits to kick off. I’m keen to get into another action packed racing season in the US with some great people and hopefully I will get in a few more races this time round with injuries just keeping to the background!

My plans for the year are exciting and include lots of racing overseas in Australia, America, Europe and hopefully more. I’m going to be training more over the summer for the track racing which I have always enjoyed and done a bit of as a junior, a goal of mine is to represent NZ at the commonwealth games in Glasgow, Scotland.

feel free to follow me on twitter s0phw or instagram which I update more regularly.

Looking forward to the good times and opportunities 2014 can bring,

Happy New Year Everyone

Peace.
Soph

No comments:

Post a Comment